The Telegraph reports that Oxford University student kitchens have failed to pass safety inspections 134 times in one year. Environmental health officers found they "harboured" filthy surfaces, mould and rats. Issues included:
At New College a mouse was found eating food from a wheelie bin and dirty work tops were identified.
Rats were discovered in the yard outside kitchens at Mansfield and Pembroke Colleges.
At Worcester College part of the ceiling had collapsed in the area where plates are washed. Staff continued to carry on working.
Balliol College found 18 breaches of safety rules were identified at Balliol College.
Click on the link to read the full article.